Of Fabien Massin
See my news
What to do on spring break Rouen (Its maritime)? Here you will find a selection of events and activities for children and young people, but also for their parents.
Your vacation in Rouen
The Your Holidays in Rouen program proposed by the city returns with a series of different activities for children and teenagers. You can find the complete menu on the Rouen.fr website, where you can also register. Here are some examples.
• Nose apprentices and chemist apprentices (perfume creation) for 8 to 12 year olds from April 19 to 22 from 2pm to 4.30pm at #LaboVictorHugo, rue Victor-Hugo (Saint-Marc district).
Suggested by Eugénie Berry, fragrance designer. For free.
• Discovery of breakdance for 7 to 10 year olds from April 11th to 15th from 2pm to 3.30pm at the André Malraux Centre. Proposed by the Malraux Center and the Bantu Afro Brasileiros Association. For free.
• Computer-assisted music for 11 to 16 year olds, from 19 to 22 April, from 2pm to 5pm, at the André Malraux Centre. For free.
• Discovery of limestone slopes and biodiversity for 13-16 year olds, April 19th from 9.30am to 5pm, Sainte-Catherine hill, meeting point at the TEOR Martainville stop at 9.30am. Price: free, bring a picnic.
• Introduction to French and American billiards for 10 to 17 year olds, 13 and 14 April from 9.30am to 12.30pm at the Petite-Bouverie sports centre. Price: 10 euros.
• Introduction to American football for 13 to 17 year olds, April 11, 13, 15, 20, 22, from 3.30pm to 5pm, at the Center sportif de la Petite-Bouverie. Prices: 2 euros for Rouen residents; 5 euros for non-Rouennais.
Tree climbing in Saint-Sever
The shopping and leisure center on the left bank offers entertainment during the holidays under the motto “En route vers l’aventure!” from April 9th to 16th. Including a tree climbing course to discover from 6 years.
Meeting point on the ground floor, opposite H&M, every day except Sunday from 10am to 7pm. It’s free.
A blindfolded exhibition
Art is discovered through the five senses, including touch. This experience is offered at the Museum of Fine Arts in Rouen (Seine-Maritime), which is hosting the exhibition Art and matter, please touch, to discover blindfolded from March 26th to September 18th, 2022. Admission is free. And exceptionally, we have the right to touch the works, which is usually totally forbidden!
Inside the Rouen Fine Arts Museum, Esplanade Marcel-Duchamp. Exhibition open daily (except Tuesday) from 10:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Free admission.
Expo circus, last days
For the 9e edition of Le Temps des Collections, entitled Cirque et Acrobaten, the Rouen Fine Arts Museum houses an exceptional collection, the J.-Y. and G. Borg, one of the most important private collections related to the circus, as well as prestigious loans from major institutions.
To discover until April 17th. It’s free.
“In Flesh and Blood” at Aître Saint-Maclou
“The Aître Saint-Maclou offers during the spring break a program that celebrates the body in all its states”, presents the Régie des Équipements Culturels (the structure that houses the Historial Joan of Arc, the Aître Saint-Maclou, the Dungeon of Rouen and the Castle of Robert le Diable). From April 9th to 25th, the Aître Saint-Maclou then offers a varied program around the bodies of the Aître with visits, artist performances, dance shows and drawing workshops.
film screening dumbo by Tim Burton (2019), at the Museum of Fine Arts Auditorium, Sunday, April 17 at 10 a.m
Duration: 1h52. Free, from 8 years, subject to availability.
Manga workshop for children
As part of the “Circus and Japan” exhibition in the Antique Museum, visitors will discover Japanese culture and especially manga art with the special artist Vincent Graf.
It’s Thursday, April 21, 2 p.m. Duration: 2 hours. For 12-16 year olds. Price: 8 euros. By reservation at publics2@musees-rouen-normandie
Elsewhere in Seine-Maritime
The Seine-Maritime department offers entertainment for children and families at the sites and museums it manages (Jumieges Abbey, Victor Hugo Museum in Villequier, Martainville Castle, Roman Theater in Lillebonne, Jardins de l’Abbey of Saint-Georges de Boscherville and Clères Park): artistic workshops, treasure hunts, storytelling…
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow 76actu in the “My Messages” section. With one click after registration you can find all the latest news from your favorite cities and brands.