What’s scary about preparing for a wedding is usually the wedding failures: a caterer canceling, a best man losing the wedding rings, or even — but very rarely — a bridesmaid reciting the alphabet while burping in full ceremony. But what’s really scary sometimes is the bride and groom themselves and their crazy requests to organize their ceremony. The “happiest day of your life” then turns into a huge nightmare for everyone else. One piece of advice if you get an invitation from these people: run away.
1. The newlyweds want guests to pay for their meal.
“Ok I’ve been hesitant to post on this subject but over time I’m becoming more and more inclined to do so and I seriously need your opinion on this subject… it’s not for a friend it’s for me because I’m totally stunned what is happening:
We received a very nice wedding invitation in the mail and replied well before the deadline with our choice of dinner for two. A few days later we received a nice thank you email (for the reply) followed by a REQUEST FOR $150.00 DINNER FOR $75.00 pp!!! PARDOOOOO?!?!?
Has anyone ever heard of something like this???? What is this madness?!?! By the way, this is not a wedding abroad and even for those we have attended before, we NEVER had to PAY for a plate! Help !! »
2. She wants to pay £30 for a wedding dress instead of £75 and have it delivered
“_ Excuse me, you want me to discount it by 60% and have it delivered to your home in 1:30 round trip for free?” I’m just asking to be sure.
_ Yes, if it’s okay
_ That’s crazy. That would mean I would have to pay to give you the dress. I was nice to give you a big discount and would have considered canceling if you had covered the cost. If you want the dress for £30 (it’s worth £700 so it’s a ridiculous deal) you can pick it up
_ I have no money at the moment. stock up on money.
_ Sorry but I can’t pay with my own money and time to give you a dress for free.
3. She wants a free photographer for her wedding
I am looking for a wedding photographer
I’m a local model and I’m getting married! I’m looking for a photographer and figured why not work with some of the great photographers here! You can save and use all the photos for a wedding portfolio.
(Food, drink and dancing are of course free and included for you! We can discuss compensation for travel/accommodation etc.)
Very uncomplicated, low-maintenance, open to all styles of photography! Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want to collaborate and work together! »
4. She goes to get married without telling anyone but asks for money anyway
“Hello friends and family! I decided to go to get married in Antigua! #Honeymoon
Instead of a regular wedding list, we are asking our loved ones to make a donation toward our honeymoon and first-time home purchase fundraiser! You can either donate to our Honeyfund (super secure online donation portal) or directly to us.
All contributions are greatly appreciated to make this big day and our future even more special. Thank you all ! We love you guys! »
5. The bridal couple who expected a little more money from their guests
“I would say I’m a bit disappointed with the contestants in my kitty. I’ve been to a lot of weddings and donated money. We really need this help as our flight and travel is already paid for… so please help us, we are going to have a big party afterwards and I want to invite everyone who will be there. »
6. The bride is looking for a cheap photographer/videographer who will fulfill all her wishes
“I’ve been searching on this site for a month and haven’t found what I was looking for. someone can help me I am looking for a VIDEOGRAPHER or PHOTOGRAPHER for 3-4 hours who:
– Will be available on May 1st. In the north people get married
– Won’t charge me to post my videos/photos on social media or ask me to tag them EVERY TIME I post them.
– Does not require full payment before the wedding date. I can pay a deposit but I would prefer to pay the balance when I see you at the wedding. Finally, I still have to trust you to produce a video, at least assure me that you are real and ready to work.
– Can work on my $600 budget. If you calculate travel fees, service fees and additional taxes, the final payment is $800. You will exceed my budget.
– Has some experience. If you only have 2 videos to show your work you are too inexperienced to do my wedding.
I hope someone meets these criteria. Thanks for your help ! »
7. The girl is a wedding photographer, so she thinks she has the right to cheat other photographers.
Customer: “I’m looking for VERY avant-garde photos for my wedding. You must be present all day with 6 hours of posed photos plus the wedding. I need a DVD with all edited photos in high resolution and you will be compensated with $150. I might also be willing to let you do a dressing the dress shoot with me the next day. »
In response, I sent a brief (but polite) email that I could not meet the requirements at the advertised price.
Client: “Listen, asshole, I know how to do it. I’ve been a wedding photographer for 15 years and I make over $8,000 a day. »
8. $400, no less
” Hello everybody !!
You all know my wedding is coming up in October!!!
I have already sent out all the invitations. That means most of you have them! Thanks to those who have already replied. If this is not the case, please confirm your presence by Sunday, otherwise we will not be able to receive you. That being said, I want to share our gift list with everyone!! For anyone coming to my wedding, there is a list of gifts to bring. You MUST choose from the list or consult me first. There are no exceptions. The list includes:
1. KitchenAid appliances over $350, this does NOT mean regular kitchen items like an apron or spatula. I’m talking about their blender, blender, etc.
2. Gucci or Louis Vuitton handbags. Other handbags are allowed but please consult me first
3. Clothing over $400 from Calvin Klein, Moschino, or Nora’s
4. A new floor tile for the whole house (I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but I would appreciate it)
5. A new car or anything car related
7. Gift certificates worth $400 or more to any of the following companies: Fifth Sak’s Avenue, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Whole Foods, Sprouts, maybe even JCPenny. Other locations are acceptable but please ask me first.
8. Korean or Asian beauty products totaling $400 or more
9. HIGH QUALITY paintings or decorations totaling $400 or more
10. A cash donation of $400 or more
So as you can see, there’s a lot going on here. I expect everyone to spend AT LEAST $400 on wedding favors. I accept slightly lower amounts as long as you let me know in advance. Also, first come, first served. Here is a link to the table where you can see who is bringing what. Don’t forget to get there early if you don’t want to give me a Gucci handbag or anything else you don’t want to take with you!
9. In his eyes, no car is good enough.
“_ I’m looking for a car for my wedding on 12/28, we need it from 2pm to 8pm. Thanks “
First offer :
“_ If you want, I can lend you my Tesla Model 3
_ Seriously ? A model 3? If you’re moving to a Model X, I might reconsider your offer.
_ Man, it’s just an option, you don’t have to be an asshole
_ You offer me a Model 3 and think I’m the idiot?
_ Dude, it’s a nice car, it’s brand new. All you have to say is “no”
_ Ok then NO”
Second offer :
“_ I’ll be gone, so I can’t come to your wedding. You can borrow my M3 if you want
_ lol no thanks!! I’m looking for something for at least $100,000, it’s for my wedding, not to celebrate my 18th birthday.”
10. Exactly that!
“_ Hey, I know it’s a little last minute, but could you make a wedding cake for Sunday lunch?”
_ I might get something done by Sunday, but that depends on what you want to achieve
_ Something like that, but not too big. I only expect 300 people.
_ Lol oh wowww. I am sorry that this is not possible in such a short time.
_ Ok I understand. But are you sure? On TV, they bake bigger cakes in less time. are you a beginner
_ Have a nice evening. »
11. How about free while we’re at it?
“Wedding photographers? Available February 22nd? $200 maximum »
12. You’re not invited, but you can still donate some money
“Although we would like you to attend our wedding, unfortunately our room cannot accommodate everyone. We will surely keep you in our hearts during this celebration of love. If you want to congratulate the bride and groom, instead of registering, they take money for a happy honeymoon. »
13. It makes you want to come
Hello, I am the wedding coordinator for X and X. I am contacting all confirmed guests to make one final point and discuss some wedding day rules.
First, do you always come with a +1?
The rules :
1. Please arrive 15-30 minutes early.
2. Please DO NOT wear white, cream or ivory.
3. Please do not wear anything other than a bob or ponytail.
4. Please don’t wear makeup completely.
5. Do not film during the ceremony.
6. Do not register on FB until prompted to do so.
7. When posting photos on the networks, use the designated hashtag
8. DO NOT TALK TO THE BRIDE AT ALL.
9. Everyone toasts with Rémy. No exceptions.
10. Finally, you must bring a gift of $75 or more if you wish to be admitted.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please call me directly. Thanks. »
14. “Please pick up for me”
“Welcome to my wedding party, […]
Just a few things to ask. I have selected all the bridesmaid dresses that will be there and they will all be a size 8. So unless you are a size 8 I recommend going to the venue lol. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ve been planning this since I’ve been in diapers and want it to be perfect. Your nails should be trimmed short and uncolored. Hair should be shoulder length and slicked back, so if your hair is short, get extensions […]
One last thing, I will be sending my Lydia account to those who didn’t pay the $500 gift for a Hawaii honeymoon.